Dominican Republic Medical Mission Trip 2018
We will be staying 7 nights in the city of Jarabacoa while doing ministry near the city of La Vega. The types of ministry we could be doing are:
- Medical Clinic
- Delivering clean water systems to people’s home’s.
- Sharing the Gospel with families we give clean water to Pastoral Training Encourage and helping the local church.
We have partnered with a new ministry this year called Global Effect. They have been in country transforming communities one community at a time for the last decade. We are really excited about partnering with them and the local church to help lift people out of spiritual and physical poverty! We are staying at a christian run motel with a restaurant were we will be served authentic Dominican food in Jarabacoa! During the day we will be transported to our ministry community with interpreters and local church leaders. We will also partake in some fun activities while we are there, we may hike to and swim at a waterfall and/or go to the beach for some snorkeling!
Each member of the group will be placed on one of 5 teams. Each team will be responsible for making sure everything is getting done for trip. The teams are as follows:
- Administration (Finances, forms, logistics)
- Equipment Team (Packing, group gear, packing truck, water)
- Safety/Prayer Team (Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Safety and praying for people at the clinic)
- Clinic Team (Organize the Clinic)
- Documentary Team (Document and share our adventure)
Application and $100 Deposit Due March 5th
- 16 and older $135-165 (Post Office downtown)
- 15 and under $120
Immunizations from USC Family Medicine 434-2233:
- Tetanus - ($47)
- Hepatitis A - ($36 if 18 or under, $62 if 19 and older)
- Typhoid - $106 for injection 2 years protection $68 for capsules 5 years of protection
- Malaria Prescription
$1650 - Covers airfare from and to Douglas, Charlotte Airport, all ground transportation in country, Meals, Lodging, Church Partnership, Medicine for clinics, T-shirt, Travel Insurance, Interpreters, Special meal out and a day trip.
Preparation Meetings (Mandatory):
- March 4th 2:30 pm @ Sandhills
- March 25th 2:30 pm @ Sandhills
- April 15th - 2:30 pm @ Sandhills (Half Balance Due)
- May 20th - 2:30 pm @ Sandhills
- June 3rd - 2:30 pm @ Sandhills (Remaining Balance Due)
- July 8th Celebration Party
- $1,650 – Student 6 remaining
- $1,650 – Adult 18 remaining